CCNC Announces New Appointments to Board of Directors
February 17, 2021 -- Community Care of North Carolina, Inc. (CCNC) is pleased to announce the appointment of seven new members to the Boards of Directors for CCNC and North Carolina Community Care Networks, Inc. (NCCCN). The new board members for each organization are (click name to view photo and bio):
Community Care of North Carolina, Inc.
- Greg Gombar, Retired CFO, Atrium Health
- Tommy Newton, M.D., Family Physician, Clinton Medical Clinic
- Stephen Nuckolls, MAC, CEO, Coastal Carolina Health Care, PA
- Kerry Watson, Retired President and CEO, Duke Regional Hospital, Consultant
- Marilyn Pearson, M.D. (shared seat with NCCCN), Johnston County Public Health Director
North Carolina Community Care Networks, Inc.
- Delton Atkinson, MPH, Retired Director of the Division of Vital Statistics within CDC National Center for Health Statistics
- Rebecca Whitaker, Ph.D., Managing Associate with the Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy at Duke University
- Marilyn Pearson, M.D. (shared seat with CCNC), Johnston County Public Health Director
“I am extremely pleased that such accomplished and knowledgeable individuals have stepped forward to help guide Community Care,” said CCNC President and CEO Tom Wroth, M.D., MPH. “Our mission remains the same - to improve the health and quality of life of all North Carolinians. However, seismic shifts in how health care is paid for and delivered challenge every health care organization to reinvent itself and operate in new and more efficient ways and CCNC is no exception. Our distinguished board will undoubtedly provide our organization with tremendous energy and new ideas as we chart our course to the future.
To view photos and bios of all Board Members, please see the CCNC Website here. CCNC’s executive team information is also available here. Please direct any media inquires to Paul Mahoney at firstname.lastname@example.org.