2. Information We Collect
You do not have to give us any personal information to browse this Site. However, you may be asked to provide personal information to submit or request information from us, or to use the services offered through this Site. This information may include information such as your [name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number]. Once you provide us with personal information about you, you are no longer anonymous to us. This site may allow you to subscribe and unsubscribe to an email list for newsletter publications.
Passively Collected Information
We may collect certain information about your use of this Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to this Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on this Site, the pages you looked at on this Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting this Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to this Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log information. When you access this Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links. This Site may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our services and Site design.
This site uses Google Analytics Cookies which track visitor interactions. These cookies are used to store information, such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains.
4. Aggregate Information
We may compile personal information and other information collected through this Site on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of people who have visited this Site and other user demographics. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually. How we use information:
Personal information collected through this Site may be used by CCNC and its affiliates for purposes of:
- Responding to your questions;
- Providing the services you select through this Site;
- Contacting you, whether by email or postal mail, with information about this Site or our services;
- For such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information;
- Auditing, research, and analysis to maintain, protect, and improve this Site and our services;
- Creating a profile based on the information you have provided;
- Ensuring the technical functions of our network; or
- Improving and customizing the content and layout of the Site.
Non-personal information does not identify you individually. We may use non-personal information for any of the purposes listed above, or for any other lawful purpose.
5. Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information about visitors to this Site, except as described below:
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Service Providers. We work with third parties that provide services on our behalf. Such services may include website hosting, marketing, and website usage analytics. We may share personal information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services.
- Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
- Required by Law. We may disclose personal information or any information collected through this Site if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
- Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through this Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of CCNC’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
Non-personal information does not identify you individually. We may share non-personal information with third parties for any of the purposes listed above, or for any other lawful purpose.
6. Your Choices
Information You Provide
You can always choose whether or not to provide information on this Site. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may not be able to access certain portions of this Site.
Communications From Us
If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to receive communications from us regarding this Site or our services, you may indicate this preference by contacting Paul Mahoney at email@example.com.
Public Message Boards and Chat Areas
Any information that you post to a public message board or chat area on this Site, if available, becomes public information. You are solely responsible for any such information you choose to post on this Site, and you may always choose not to divulge any personal information to the public when posting to a message board or chat area.
7. Information Storage and Security
We employ reasonable security precautions to protect personal information about you. This Site is operated from a secure environment with integrated security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information provided on this Site. These security measures include a secure socket layer enabled environment. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with this Site. If you have reason to believe that personal information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
8. A Special Note About Children
Children are not eligible to use our services, and we ask that minors (children under the age of 13) not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use this service only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.
9. External Links
10. United States Only
This Site is intended for use by residents of the United States of America only. All matters relating to this Site are governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina in the United States of America. If you are located outside of the United States of America and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States of America and that by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer.
11. Updating Information
We encourage users of this Site to keep their personal information current. You may change personal information you have provided about you by contacting Paul Mahoney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policy Last Updated: 5/22/12