Much more than clinical knowledge is needed to successfully manage chronic pain and treatment regimens that include opioids. SPARC (Safety, Prevention, Awareness, & Raising Confidence) includes didactic presentations by experienced provider-educators on specific topics of interest and in-depth, case-based, and interactive discussions from the community providers’ practices. Feedback and practical recommendations will be provided.
Sessions begin Wednesday, March 6, 2019 and will run twice a month from 12:30 pm - 1:20 pm via Zoom.
Gain up-to-date knowledge of scientific advances through brief didactic presentations, enhance your knowledge around current guidelines for the safe use of opioids, and become an expert in your community through mentorship, education, and support.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Topics to include:
- March 6, 2019 - Overview of the opioid epidemic and CDC safe opioid prescribing principles
- Safety: Opioid and Concomitant use of Benzos or Alcohol
- Prevention: Non-Pharmacologic management of low back pain
- Awareness: Using CSRS like a Pro!
- Raising Confidence: Setting Functional Goals with Patients
- Managing pain in individuals with substance use disorders (SUD)
- Treatment Options: Opioid vs. Non-Opioid