The people behind Community Care — and how we are improving health services in our state
A community-based infrastructure to target patients and populations in need
Access to data to drive our success
Programs to anticipate and address specific patient needs
Materials to support providers
2014 PCMH Resources
Resources for Practices Following the 2014 PCMH Path
On March 24 2014, NCQA released a new version of its popular PCMH recognition program. The 2014 program includes six standards which are closely aligned with the 2011 standards. NCQA states that the new version “raises the bar” but the 2014 standards are built on the same basic framework as the 2011 standards. Each standard still includes one “must-pass” element, just like in the 2011 version. Differences for the 2014 program include elements related to: team-based care, high-needs populations, triple aim, behavioral health, sustained transformation and Meaningful Use Stage 2.
Practices may still apply using the 2011 standards as long as they meet the following requirements:
- Purchase a 2011 survey tool by June 30, 2014
- Submit survey/application by March 31, 2015 (December 31, 2014 for corporate tool)
2014 PCMH Resource Tools
- One page overview: What’s new with 2014?
- 2014 vs. 2011 PCMH Crosswalk
- Summary of PCMH Scoring
- NCQA 2014 PCMH Standards and Guidelines (NCQA link - scroll to 'Get the Standards', free download available)
- PCMH Standards and QuitlineNC Crosswalk
- PCMH Monthly e-News
More information from NCQA is available here.