Senior Software Engineer
The ideal candidate must have the ability to contribute to all phases of software application development lifecycle. Flexibility is essential, as is the ability to adapt with changing needs. The candidate should collaborate well with team members, work well under pressure, and perform all tasks to the highest standards.
The Community Care of North Carolina (CCNC) Analytics, Reporting and Technology department provides data management and software applications development to support CCNC's main mission to improve quality of care and reduce healthcare cost for the State of North Carolina sponsored by the Department of Health and Human Services Division of Medical Assistance, Office of Rural Health and Community Care, and the United States Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Work independently or with other team members to develop, maintain, configure and support CCNC and Non-CCNC vendor software applications.
- Demonstrate good understanding of IT Ops & SDLC principals and be able to apply agile methodologies.
- Have in-depth knowledge of user-interface, Web Services, business logic, and application data layer.
- Participate in vendor requirement analysis, planning, and design and architecture sessions.
- Perform unit testing after work is delivered by vendor teams.
- Participate in planning and performing configuration deployments following ITSM processes.
- Communicate and collaborate well with other application development analysts, project manager, quality assurance analysts, business analysts, and others.
- Map current processes and establish goals for improving, automating and increasing the technical agility of the organization.
- Interface with vendor to drive issue resolution.
- 5 years of Web software application development experience in all aspects of SDLC.
- 5 years of Application Architecture design experience.
- 5 years of experience with writing high performance SQL stored procedures.
- 3 years of professional experience in Web (RESTful and SOAP) APIs.
- 3 years of healthcare software development domain experience.
- 1 year of experience working in an agile development environment.
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information and adhere to data security and confidentiality standards, protocols, and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to change and learn the domain knowledge and new technologies.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver quality work on time.
- Experience modifying and improving upon existing applications and systems is preferred.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, or related field; or 5 years applicable work experience in lieu of degree.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Email email@example.com. CCNC is an equal opportunity employer.