A community-based infrastructure to target patients and populations in need
Access to data to drive our success
Programs to anticipate and address specific patient needs
New demonstrations, pilots and programs
Materials to support providers
Network Update 79: 1/5/2015
Monday, January 5, 2015
Happy New Year to CCNC staff, friends and colleagues!
In the News
Flu stories featuring CCNC. The prevalence of influenza this year is driving a lot of media interest in the subject. Featured in stories around the state were:
- Dr. Marian Earls, CCNC Central Office - Interviewed on Time Warner Cable News "In Depth" program.
- Dr. Chuck Rich, Community Care of the Lower Cape Fear Clinical Director - Interviewed by Wilmington Star News.
- Dr. Charlie Rhodes, Board Member, Community Care Partners of Greater Mecklenburg - Interviewed by WBTV in Charlotte on December 18th (link not immediately available).
- CCNC news releases quoting Dr. Allen Dobson and Dr. Tom Wroth on the importance of flu vaccines ran in the Triangle Tribune and the Courier Times (Roxboro).
APhA Elections. Troy Trygstad, PharmD, MBA, PhD, CCNC’s Director of Pharmacy Programs, was elected to The American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Foundation’s Board of Directors for the 2015–2018 term. Kudos, Troy!
Opioid Survey. Dr. Robert Rich also commented on a recent survey about the rate of physicians prescribing opioids. Check out the full article on the AAFP website here.
Project Lazarus. The Iredell County Health Department and Project Lazarus have paired up to provide Naloxone kits to most first responders in the county. Read the full story in the Statesville Record & Landmark.
NC Medicaid. Medicaid-related news coverage can be found here.
NCPOEP. Save March 4, 2015 for North Carolina Pregnancy & Opioid Exposure Project’s conference, “Pregnancy & Opioid Exposure: Improving Outcomes for Women, Infants, and Families” in Greensboro. Join collaborating professionals to learn the current and emerging approaches to best support families at risk for experiencing opioid exposed pregnancies in North Carolina. Medical, behavioral health, justice, child welfare and other professionals working with women of childbearing age, and their infants, are encouraged to attend.
Food Drive. CCNC is hosting a holiday food drive!. Collection boxes are placed throughout the building and donations will be accepted through next Monday, January 12. In previous food drives, CCNC employees have collected 857 pounds of food – let’s keep up the good work! Contact Joe Voss with any questions. Thanks, Joe for managing this important project.
Welcome New Faces! Please welcome Manager of Clinical Informatics Services Jon Byers and Senior Administrative Assistants Kristin Gerhart and Lori Caterinicchio to the CCNC family!
Career Opportunities at CCNC. Applications are currently being accepted for several positions - for more information, please see the CCNC Careers page. Don't forget to check out positions open in other local CCNC networks on our Network Careers page.
Social Media Update. If you haven't already, please support CCNC's growing social media presence by clicking on the links below.
- As always, please let us know if you have news you'd like to share with the CCNC family.
- Interested in receiving this publication directly? Just click the button below to sign up.
- CCNC Data Briefs
- CCNC Healthcare Quality Awards videos
- A History of CCNC
- Awards and recognition
- Publications and Reports
- Contact Us
- News and Updates
- CCNC Update December 2015 CCNC Update November 2015 CCNC Update September 2015 CCNC Update August 2015 CCNC Update July 2015 CCNC Update June 2015 Network Update 87: 5/18/2015 Network Update 86: 4/27/2015 Network Update 85: 4/13/2015 Network Update 84: 3/31/2015 Network Update 83: 3/16/2015 Network Update 82: 3/2/2015 Network Update 81: 2/6/2015 Network Update 80: 1/26/2015 Network Update 79: 1/5/2015 Network Update 78: 12/8/2014 Network Update 77: 11/24/2014 Network Update 76: 11/10/2014 Network Update 75: 10/27/2014 Network Update 74: 10/13/2014 Network Update 73: 09/29/2014 Network Update 72: 09/15/2014 Network Update 71: 09/02/2014 Network Update 70: 08/18/2014 Network Update 69: 07/28/2014 Network Update 68: 07/14/2014 Network Update 67: 06/30/2014 Network Update 66: 06/16/2014 Network Update 65: 05/30/2014 Network Update 64: 05/16/2014 Network Update 63: 05/02/2014 Network Update 62: 04/17/2014 Network Update 61: 04/04/2014 Network Update 60: 03/21/2014 Network Update 59: 03/07/2014 Network Update 58: 02/21/2014 Network Update 57: 02/07/2014 Network Update 56: 01/24/2014 Network Update 55: 01/10/2014 Network Update 54: 12/20/2013 Network Update 53: 12/6/2013 Network Update 52: 11/15/2013 Network Update 51: 11/01/2013 Network Update 50: 10/18/2013 Network Update 49: 10/4/2013 Network Update 48: 9/20/2013 Network Update 47: 9/6/2013 Network Update 46: 8/23/2013 Network Update 45: 8/9/2013 Network Update 44: 7/26/2013 Network Update 43: 7/12/2013 Network Update 42: 6/28/2013 Network Update 41: 6/14/2013 Network Update 40: 5/31/2013 Network Update 39: 5/17/2013 Network Update 38: 5/3/2013 Network Update 37: 4/19/2013 Network Update 36: 4/5/2013 Network Update 35: 3/22/2013 Network Update 34: 3/8/2013 Network Update 33: 2/22/2013 Network Update 32: 2/8/2013 Network Update 31: 1/25/2013 Network Update 30: 1/4/2013 Network Update 29: 12/14/2012 Network Update 28: 11/30/2012 Network Update 27: 11/9/2012 Network Update 26: 10/26/2012 Network Update 25: 10/12/2012 Network Update 24: 9/28/2012 Network Update 23: 9/14/2012 Network Update 22: 8/31/2012 Network Update 21: 8/17/2012 Network Update 20: 8/3/2012 Network Update 19: 7/20/2012 Network Update 18: 7/6/2012 Network Update 17: 6/22/2012 Network Update 16: 5/18/2012 Network Update 15: 5/4/2012 Network Update 14: 4/20/2012 Network Update 13: 4/5/2012 Network Update 12: 3/23/2012 Network Update 11: 3/9/2012 Network Update 10: 2/24/2012 Network Update 9: 2/10/2012 Network Update 8: 1/27/2012 Network Update 7: 1/13/2012 Network Update 6: 1/6/2012 Network Update 5: 12/16/2011 Network Update 4: 12/2/2012 Network Update 3: 11/18/2011 Network Update 2: 11/4/2011 Network Update 1: 10/21/2011
Careers at CCNC
- Careers: Analytics Manager, Program Support Careers: SQL Server Database Administrator Careers: Application Development Analyst Careers: Account Manager Careers: Director of Care Management Operations Careers: Quality Management Specialist Careers: CCNC Networks Careers: Senior Data Analyst Careers: Senior Data Analyst – Care Management
- Web, privacy and financial conflict policies