A community-based infrastructure to target patients and populations in need
Access to data to drive our success
Programs to anticipate and address specific patient needs
New demonstrations, pilots and programs
Materials to support providers
Network Update 70: 08/18/2014
Monday, August 18, 2014
In the News
Project Lazarus. Lee County is working to address the problems of overdose and prescription pill abuse. Read more in the Sanford Herald. Additionally, Fred Brason, founder of Project Lazarus, participated in a discussion about the rise in prescription pill overdose as well as programs and treatments that can help on WUNC-FM's "State of Things." Listen to the discussion here.
TechTarget. CCNC’s John Poonen discussed speeding up analytics in healthcare using data virtualization at the TDWI Executive Summit in Boston. Read the full story in TechTarget.
Population Health. The Mountaineer picked up a CCNC release about managing health disparities across the state. Read the full release here.
NC Medicaid. The General Assembly works toward wrapping up the Short Session. Medicaid-related coverage can be found here.
PCMH Trainings. CCNC network staff are eligible for a 15% NCQA discount for PCMH trainings held in Charlotte in September and October. There is also an early-bird registration fee discount that ends on Aug. 19. To get these discounts: 1) Call NCQA to register any staff (do not use the online registration feature); 2) Indicate eligibility for 15% CCNC group discount; 3) Email Randy Barrington with registrant’s names to ensure the discount is tracked and processed properly. There is no discount on lodging or other related expenses, just for session registration fees. The trainings are: Intro to PCMH: Foundational Concepts of the Medical Home (Sept. 30-Oct.1) and Advanced PCMH 2014: Mastering the Medical Home Transformation (Oct. 2).
NC HIE. Healthcare Informatics, EHR Intelligence and Health Data Management highlighted NC HIE's efforts to connect skilled nursing facilities to improve care transitions across North Carolina. For more NC HIE news, check out the monthly e-newsletter that is distributed on the first of every month. NC HIE e-News aims to provide a monthly summary of NC HIE news, current initiatives and related health care topics. To view the August 2014 NC HIE e-newsletter, click here. To subscribe to NC HIE e-News for automated monthly updates, click here.
Call for Presentations. The 6th Annual NC "One Community in Recovery" Conference is currently accepting submissions for presentations. The conference will be held Nov. 12-14, 2014 in Clemmons, NC. For presentation applications, click here. For additional information contact Lisa Maurer.
Welcome New Faces! Please welcome Financial Analyst Steven Gray, Staff Accountant Kristie Sayre, and Health Coaches Nancy Suriani and Jordan Bryant to the CCNC family!
Career Opportunities at CCNC. Applications are currently being accepted for several positions - for more information, please see the CCNC Careers page. Don't forget to check out positions open in other local CCNC networks on our Network Careers page.
Social Media Update. If you haven't already, please support CCNC's growing social media presence by clicking on the links below.
- As always, please let us know if you have news you'd like to share with the CCNC family.
- Interested in receiving this publication directly? Just click the button below to sign up.
- CCNC Data Briefs
- CCNC Healthcare Quality Awards videos
- A History of CCNC
- Awards and recognition
- Publications and Reports
- Contact Us
- News and Updates
- CCNC Update December 2015 CCNC Update November 2015 CCNC Update September 2015 CCNC Update August 2015 CCNC Update July 2015 CCNC Update June 2015 Network Update 87: 5/18/2015 Network Update 86: 4/27/2015 Network Update 85: 4/13/2015 Network Update 84: 3/31/2015 Network Update 83: 3/16/2015 Network Update 82: 3/2/2015 Network Update 81: 2/6/2015 Network Update 80: 1/26/2015 Network Update 79: 1/5/2015 Network Update 78: 12/8/2014 Network Update 77: 11/24/2014 Network Update 76: 11/10/2014 Network Update 75: 10/27/2014 Network Update 74: 10/13/2014 Network Update 73: 09/29/2014 Network Update 72: 09/15/2014 Network Update 71: 09/02/2014 Network Update 70: 08/18/2014 Network Update 69: 07/28/2014 Network Update 68: 07/14/2014 Network Update 67: 06/30/2014 Network Update 66: 06/16/2014 Network Update 65: 05/30/2014 Network Update 64: 05/16/2014 Network Update 63: 05/02/2014 Network Update 62: 04/17/2014 Network Update 61: 04/04/2014 Network Update 60: 03/21/2014 Network Update 59: 03/07/2014 Network Update 58: 02/21/2014 Network Update 57: 02/07/2014 Network Update 56: 01/24/2014 Network Update 55: 01/10/2014 Network Update 54: 12/20/2013 Network Update 53: 12/6/2013 Network Update 52: 11/15/2013 Network Update 51: 11/01/2013 Network Update 50: 10/18/2013 Network Update 49: 10/4/2013 Network Update 48: 9/20/2013 Network Update 47: 9/6/2013 Network Update 46: 8/23/2013 Network Update 45: 8/9/2013 Network Update 44: 7/26/2013 Network Update 43: 7/12/2013 Network Update 42: 6/28/2013 Network Update 41: 6/14/2013 Network Update 40: 5/31/2013 Network Update 39: 5/17/2013 Network Update 38: 5/3/2013 Network Update 37: 4/19/2013 Network Update 36: 4/5/2013 Network Update 35: 3/22/2013 Network Update 34: 3/8/2013 Network Update 33: 2/22/2013 Network Update 32: 2/8/2013 Network Update 31: 1/25/2013 Network Update 30: 1/4/2013 Network Update 29: 12/14/2012 Network Update 28: 11/30/2012 Network Update 27: 11/9/2012 Network Update 26: 10/26/2012 Network Update 25: 10/12/2012 Network Update 24: 9/28/2012 Network Update 23: 9/14/2012 Network Update 22: 8/31/2012 Network Update 21: 8/17/2012 Network Update 20: 8/3/2012 Network Update 19: 7/20/2012 Network Update 18: 7/6/2012 Network Update 17: 6/22/2012 Network Update 16: 5/18/2012 Network Update 15: 5/4/2012 Network Update 14: 4/20/2012 Network Update 13: 4/5/2012 Network Update 12: 3/23/2012 Network Update 11: 3/9/2012 Network Update 10: 2/24/2012 Network Update 9: 2/10/2012 Network Update 8: 1/27/2012 Network Update 7: 1/13/2012 Network Update 6: 1/6/2012 Network Update 5: 12/16/2011 Network Update 4: 12/2/2012 Network Update 3: 11/18/2011 Network Update 2: 11/4/2011 Network Update 1: 10/21/2011
Careers at CCNC
- Careers: Analytics Manager, Program Support Careers: SQL Server Database Administrator Careers: Application Development Analyst Careers: Account Manager Careers: Director of Care Management Operations Careers: Quality Management Specialist Careers: CCNC Networks Careers: Senior Data Analyst Careers: Senior Data Analyst – Care Management
- Web, privacy and financial conflict policies