The people behind Community Care — and how we are improving health services in our state
A community-based infrastructure to target patients and populations in need
Access to data to drive our success
Programs to anticipate and address specific patient needs
New demonstrations, pilots and programs
Materials to support providers
Network Update 57: 02/07/2014
Friday, February 7, 2014
In the News
Project Lazarus Events and Developments
The Rockingham County Sheriff's Office kicked off the Project Lazarus program by unveiling their new Medicine Drop Box campaign to help promote safe medication practices. Read more at WFMY online.
NC Medicaid Coverage. For Medicaid-related news stories, please click here.
Lunch & Learn Webinars. CCME Consulting is hosting a free lunch and learn webinar series. Upcoming webinars include, “Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program Update for 2014” on Feb. 19; “North Carolina Health Information Exchange: Public Health Lessons Learned and Achieving Meaningful Use” on March 12 and “Patient Portal 101” on April 16. To register for the Feb. 19 webinar, click here.
Cone Health Patient Education Summit. Don't miss this event on Friday, April 11 at Moses Cone Hospital in Greensboro. This interdisciplinary conference will identifying strategies for overcoming barriers and challenges in patient education and healthcare literacy. For details, go to the AHEC site.
TBJ Health Care Symposium. Triangle Business Journal will host a health care symposium on the Affordable Care Act entitled “The Affordable Care Law: It's Here; Now What?” For more details and to register, go to the Tri-Biz event page.
- Recorded Webinars. The NC HIE website provides pre-recorded webinars on NC HIE Clinical Portal functionality, training around a patient’s opt-out choices and an overview webinar on meeting Meaningful Use with NC HIE. Please click here to view one of these pre-recorded webinars.
- Automated reporting on immunizations, lab results and cancer. NC HIE and NC DHHS are working collaboratively to make possible automated reporting on immunization data, reportable lab results and cancer cases. NC HIE continues to work to increase the breadth of services available to NC HIE participants. For an overview of recent NCHIE legislation and a statement from NC HIE's President, Chris Scarboro, please click here.
PCMH/Blue Quality Accreditation. Congratulations to 16 practices participating in the AccessCare Multi-payer Demonstration on achieving both Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and Blue Quality Physician Program (BQPP) accreditation!
- Ashe County: (Ashe Pediatrics, Ashe Medical Associates, Dr. Henry Clay, High Country Family Medicine, Mount Jefferson Family Medicine);
- Avery County: (Charles E. Baker Center for Primary Care, Clark Family, Elk River Medical Associates, Mountain Laurel Internal); and
- Watauga County: (Appalachian Regional Adult and Family Medicine, Blowing Rock Medical Clinic, Blue Ridge Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Dr. Mark Murrey (Greenway Associates), Dr. Mark Harter, Dr. David Cline, Mountain Laurel Family Practice, Primedical, Watauga Internal Medicine).
Congratulations to the practices, AccessCare and the ASU Health Science Interns for this achievement!
NCDOJ Grant Opportunities. The NCDOJ Consumer Protection Division has released information about 2014 grants available for health and consumer protection programs. Funds have been used in the past to educate consumers, support local food banks, help struggling homeowners, and give patients access to needed medicines. Click here for more information on how to apply and the review and awards process.
2014 Rural Economic Development Institute Application. The Rural Center has opened the application process for the 2014 Rural Economic Development Institute (REDI), the center’s signature program for rural leaders. REDI will take place April 23-25, May 14-16 and June 11-13 at the Rural Center in Raleigh. Between classes, REDI class members complete homework assignments and are given the opportunity to put their skills into action in their home communities. Participants are selected through a highly competitive process. Tuition is $595, and limited scholarships are available. Applications are due Feb. 14, 2014. For more information click here.
Welcome new faces. Please welcome Network Financial Manager Beth Taylor (Feb. 3) and Network Relations Manager Lisa Gibson to the CCNC family!
Career Opportunities at CCNC. Applications are currently being accepted for the following positions. For more information, please see the CCNC Careers page. Don't forget to check out the additional positions open in local CCNC networks on our Network Careers page.
- Clinical Applications and Interface Manager
Career Opportunities at NC HIE. Applications are currently being accepted for the following positions. For more information, please see the NC HIE Careers page.
- Integration Engineer
- Implementation Senior Manager
CCWNC Opening. Community Care of Western North Carolina seeks candidates for the position of Senior Human Resources Generalist for the main office in Asheville, NC. Position is responsible for all phases of HR management. Submit resume to HR or fax to 828-348-2757.
Social Media Update
- As always, please let us know if you have news you'd like to share with the CCNC family.
- Interested in receiving this publication regularly? Just click the button below to sign up.