Friday, June 14, 2013
CCNC in the News
Medicaid Reform. The discussion surrounding the future of NC's Medicaid continues:
- New Bern Sun Journal Dr. Marston Crawford, New Bern and Havelock
Bernstein Leadership Fellows. Congratulations to Randy Barrington (Community Care of the Lower Cape Fear) and Ron Gaskins (Northwest Community Care Network) on completing a two-year fellowship with the Jim Bernstein Community Health Leadership Program! Randy and Ron presented to the NCFAHP Board on May 23 at the NCHA offices in Raleigh.
Leadership Winston Salem Graduate. A second round of congratulations goes out to Ron Gaskins on graduating from Leadership Winston Salem on June 5! Leadership Winston-Salem educates, connects and energizes leaders to serve and improve the community. Great job, Ron!
Achievement Award Granted. The National Association of Counties granted Wake County a 2013 Achievement Award for its program titled Environmental Asthma Trigger Home Assessment Program. The initiative, part of a comprehensive approach to asthma management, is a collaboration between Community Care of Wake and Johnston Counties, Wake County Human Services and Wake County Environmental Services.
CCNC award video redux. You might remember that CCNC won a national award a few years back, but did you know there was a video commemorating the event featuring Sam Waterston of Law and Order fame? A new and crisper version is available on CCNC's Award Page. (Just click the embedded video below the HLC video featuring U.S. Senator Richard Burr.)
Recovery Champion Award Nominations. Do you know individuals who have dedicated their talents, whether through professional work or volunteering, to successfully promote mental health and/or substance abuse recovery in NC? Recognize their contributions by nominating them for a Recovery Champion Award presented at the 5th Annual NC "ONE Community in Recovery" Conference.
Bernstein Fellowship Application Deadline. Today is the final day to submit an application for the next class of the Jim Bernstein Community Health Leadership Fellowship. Details of the Fellowship and how to apply can be found here. Email Judy Howell or John Frank with questions.
NCTracks Training for Practices and Providers. Training for NCTracks, the new DHHS claims system, is underway. Training sessions can be attended in person, and participation via webinar is possible. To register for training, click here. A new Special Bulletin containing key information about the features and capabilities of NCTracks - contact information, hours of operation, checkwrite schedule, AVRS functionality and the Provider Portal - is now available. It also includes reminders about important activities providers need to perform before July 1 to ensure claims will be processed and paid in NCTracks. The new system is scheduled to go live July 1.
Focus on New Faces.
- Mike Rhoades joined the CCNC Central Office several months ago as VP of Integrative Strategies. Mike, previously COO at RHA, a multi-specialty provider organization, has been actively working with the Behavioral Health team to roll out the TotalCare initiative aimed at true integration of primary care and behavioral health care. While Mike will remain involved with TotalCare projects such as PROACT, he will eventually play more of a role in broader network and commercial business development strategies.
- Peggy Balak has joined CCNC’s Behavioral Health team as VP of Behavioral Health Operations. Peggy previously served as VP of Program Development at Saguaro Management and Accounting Services, Inc, the management company for a statewide provider group of MH/DD/SAS services. Peggy has taken on primary responsibility for the TotalCare and PROACT models of integration. She is an important addition to the Behavioral Health team and works closely with Mike Lancaster and Amelia Mahan, who will be supporting the clinical implementation of PROACT across the Networks.
Beacon Updates. Keep up with the latest CC of Southern Piedmont Beacon Community news by checking out their weekly newsletters.
New CCNC Team Members. Please welcome Contracts Coordinator Mary Ferris, starting June 10. Welcome to the CCNC family!
Career Opportunities at CCNC. Applications are currently being accepted for the following positions. For more information, please see the CCNC Careers page. Don't forget to check out the additional positions open in local CCNC networks on our Network Careers page.
- Senior Analyst, Quality Measurement and Reporting
- IC Reports Developer
- Staff Accountant-AR/AP
- Specialty Pharmacist
- CHIPRA Pediatric Electronic Health Record Coach
Social Media Update. Support CCNC's fledgling, but improving, social media presence by following us on Twitter (@communitycarenc) and “liking” our Facebook page.
- As always, please let us know if you have news you'd like to share with the CCNC family.
- Interested in receiving this publication by email? Just click the button below.