The people behind Community Care — and how we are improving health services in our state
A community-based infrastructure to target patients and populations in need
Access to data to drive our success
Programs to anticipate and address specific patient needs
New demonstrations, pilots and programs
Materials to support providers
Network Update 25: 10/12/2012
Friday, October 12, 2012
CCNC In the News
- NC-HIP Launches. Last week saw the launch of the NC Community Health Information Portal (NC-HIP), a web-based application designed to provide new insights from large public and private databases. Collaborating on the project are CCNC, Health Landscapes, Inc., the NC Institute for Public Health and the Robert Graham Center of the American Academy of Family Physicians. The project is federally funded through the Community Care of Southern Piedmont Beacon Community. For more details, check out the news release or the NC-HIP page on the CCNC site. You can also try out the portal here.
- Davidson Medical Homes. An article in the Davidson County Dispatch chronicles efforts of Northwest Community Care to partner with local hospitals and providers on medical homes in Davidson County.
Adult Care Home effort underway. CCNC has formed a workgroup to facilitate the development of a medical home model for Adult Care Home residents in North Carolina. The workgroup will develop best practices for the Adult Care Homes (ACH) setting. Partners on the project include NC Division of Medical Assistance (DMA), representatives of Adult Care Homes, the NC Long Term Care Association. Melanie Whitener of DMA conducted a webinar this week for staff and administrators of ACHs. For more information on the program, or to view a video of the webinar, please go to CCNC’s ACH Workgroup Page.
PCMH numbers continue to climb. Congratulations to the medical practices below upon their recognition by NCQA as Patient-centered Medical Homes (PCMH). Kudos to the staff of AccessCare and Northern Piedmont Community Care for facilitating the effort. As of September 2012, North Carolina has 431 recognized PCMH practices. See the PCHM Central page for a graph of the rapid growth of PCMH-recognized practices.
Congrats to: Ashe Medical Associates; Ashe Pediatrics; Henry T. Clay Jr.; Elk River Medical Associates; Mountain Laurel Internal Medicine; Appalachian Adult and Pediatric Medicine;Watauga Internal Medicine; Blowing Rock Medical Clinic; NC Pediatric Associates – Oxford; and NC Pediatric Associates – Henderson.
Welcome new faces! Please welcome the following individuals to the CCNC family: Pharmacy Informaticist David Wei (started Oct. 1); Clinical Education Specialist Barbara McNeill (started Oct. 8); Data Analyst Marlee Moore (starting Oct. 22); VP Integrative Strategies Michael Rhoades (starting Nov. 5); Project Manager Jon Teitelbaum and Data Analyst Leandra Blevins (both starting Nov. 6).
Career opportunities at CCNC. Applications are currently being accepted for the following positions. For more information, please see the CCNC Careers page.
- Director of Analytics and Reporting
- Senior Data Analyst
- IC Reports Administrator
- Informatics Center Outreach Coordinator
- Care Management Program Coordinator
For more information, contact HR Director John Dowd.
Social media update. Please help support CCNC's social media presence by following us on Twitter (@communitycarenc) and “liking” us on our Facebook page.
-- As always, please let us know if you have news you'd like to share with the CCNC family.
-- Interested in receiving this publication by email? Just click the button below.
- CCNC Data Briefs
- CCNC Healthcare Quality Awards videos
- A History of CCNC
- Awards and recognition
- Publications and Reports
- Contact Us
- News and Updates
- CCNC Update December 2015 CCNC Update November 2015 CCNC Update September 2015 CCNC Update August 2015 CCNC Update July 2015 CCNC Update June 2015 Network Update 87: 5/18/2015 Network Update 86: 4/27/2015 Network Update 85: 4/13/2015 Network Update 84: 3/31/2015 Network Update 83: 3/16/2015 Network Update 82: 3/2/2015 Network Update 81: 2/6/2015 Network Update 80: 1/26/2015 Network Update 79: 1/5/2015 Network Update 78: 12/8/2014 Network Update 77: 11/24/2014 Network Update 76: 11/10/2014 Network Update 75: 10/27/2014 Network Update 74: 10/13/2014 Network Update 73: 09/29/2014 Network Update 72: 09/15/2014 Network Update 71: 09/02/2014 Network Update 70: 08/18/2014 Network Update 69: 07/28/2014 Network Update 68: 07/14/2014 Network Update 67: 06/30/2014 Network Update 66: 06/16/2014 Network Update 65: 05/30/2014 Network Update 64: 05/16/2014 Network Update 63: 05/02/2014 Network Update 62: 04/17/2014 Network Update 61: 04/04/2014 Network Update 60: 03/21/2014 Network Update 59: 03/07/2014 Network Update 58: 02/21/2014 Network Update 57: 02/07/2014 Network Update 56: 01/24/2014 Network Update 55: 01/10/2014 Network Update 54: 12/20/2013 Network Update 53: 12/6/2013 Network Update 52: 11/15/2013 Network Update 51: 11/01/2013 Network Update 50: 10/18/2013 Network Update 49: 10/4/2013 Network Update 48: 9/20/2013 Network Update 47: 9/6/2013 Network Update 46: 8/23/2013 Network Update 45: 8/9/2013 Network Update 44: 7/26/2013 Network Update 43: 7/12/2013 Network Update 42: 6/28/2013 Network Update 41: 6/14/2013 Network Update 40: 5/31/2013 Network Update 39: 5/17/2013 Network Update 38: 5/3/2013 Network Update 37: 4/19/2013 Network Update 36: 4/5/2013 Network Update 35: 3/22/2013 Network Update 34: 3/8/2013 Network Update 33: 2/22/2013 Network Update 32: 2/8/2013 Network Update 31: 1/25/2013 Network Update 30: 1/4/2013 Network Update 29: 12/14/2012 Network Update 28: 11/30/2012 Network Update 27: 11/9/2012 Network Update 26: 10/26/2012 Network Update 25: 10/12/2012 Network Update 24: 9/28/2012 Network Update 23: 9/14/2012 Network Update 22: 8/31/2012 Network Update 21: 8/17/2012 Network Update 20: 8/3/2012 Network Update 19: 7/20/2012 Network Update 18: 7/6/2012 Network Update 17: 6/22/2012 Network Update 16: 5/18/2012 Network Update 15: 5/4/2012 Network Update 14: 4/20/2012 Network Update 13: 4/5/2012 Network Update 12: 3/23/2012 Network Update 11: 3/9/2012 Network Update 10: 2/24/2012 Network Update 9: 2/10/2012 Network Update 8: 1/27/2012 Network Update 7: 1/13/2012 Network Update 6: 1/6/2012 Network Update 5: 12/16/2011 Network Update 4: 12/2/2012 Network Update 3: 11/18/2011 Network Update 2: 11/4/2011 Network Update 1: 10/21/2011
- Careers at CCNC
- Web, privacy and financial conflict policies