Friday, October 12, 2012
CCNC In the News
- NC-HIP Launches. Last week saw the launch of the NC Community Health Information Portal (NC-HIP), a web-based application designed to provide new insights from large public and private databases. Collaborating on the project are CCNC, Health Landscapes, Inc., the NC Institute for Public Health and the Robert Graham Center of the American Academy of Family Physicians. The project is federally funded through the Community Care of Southern Piedmont Beacon Community. For more details, check out the news release or the NC-HIP page on the CCNC site. You can also try out the portal here.
- Davidson Medical Homes. An article in the Davidson County Dispatch chronicles efforts of Northwest Community Care to partner with local hospitals and providers on medical homes in Davidson County.
Adult Care Home effort underway. CCNC has formed a workgroup to facilitate the development of a medical home model for Adult Care Home residents in North Carolina. The workgroup will develop best practices for the Adult Care Homes (ACH) setting. Partners on the project include NC Division of Medical Assistance (DMA), representatives of Adult Care Homes, the NC Long Term Care Association. Melanie Whitener of DMA conducted a webinar this week for staff and administrators of ACHs. For more information on the program, or to view a video of the webinar, please go to CCNC’s ACH Workgroup Page.
PCMH numbers continue to climb. Congratulations to the medical practices below upon their recognition by NCQA as Patient-centered Medical Homes (PCMH). Kudos to the staff of AccessCare and Northern Piedmont Community Care for facilitating the effort. As of September 2012, North Carolina has 431 recognized PCMH practices. See the PCHM Central page for a graph of the rapid growth of PCMH-recognized practices.
Congrats to: Ashe Medical Associates; Ashe Pediatrics; Henry T. Clay Jr.; Elk River Medical Associates; Mountain Laurel Internal Medicine; Appalachian Adult and Pediatric Medicine;Watauga Internal Medicine; Blowing Rock Medical Clinic; NC Pediatric Associates – Oxford; and NC Pediatric Associates – Henderson.
Welcome new faces! Please welcome the following individuals to the CCNC family: Pharmacy Informaticist David Wei (started Oct. 1); Clinical Education Specialist Barbara McNeill (started Oct. 8); Data Analyst Marlee Moore (starting Oct. 22); VP Integrative Strategies Michael Rhoades (starting Nov. 5); Project Manager Jon Teitelbaum and Data Analyst Leandra Blevins (both starting Nov. 6).
Career opportunities at CCNC. Applications are currently being accepted for the following positions. For more information, please see the CCNC Careers page.
- Director of Analytics and Reporting
- Senior Data Analyst
- IC Reports Administrator
- Informatics Center Outreach Coordinator
- Care Management Program Coordinator
For more information, contact HR Director John Dowd.
Social media update. Please help support CCNC's social media presence by following us on Twitter (@communitycarenc) and “liking” us on our Facebook page.
-- As always, please let us know if you have news you'd like to share with the CCNC family.
-- Interested in receiving this publication by email? Just click the button below.