Friday, August 17, 2012
CCNC in the News
- NC third in patient-centered medical homes. A recent article in Becker’s Hospital Review notes that the latest NCQA data ranks North Carolina third in the nation in PCMH-recognized practices. Dr. David Halpern notes that on a per-capita basis, North Carolina is second in PCMH practices. Congrats to all who have labored to help medical practices raise the bar on quality.
- CCNC referenced in JAMA. There’s a great article on the integration of public health and primary care in the latest issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association. CCNC is referenced at an “encouraging sustainable grassroots example of integration. The abstract is available here. (JAMA subscription required to view the full text.)
- SHP contracts awarded. Earlier this week, the NC State Treasurer announced decisions in several contracts involving the State Health Plan (SHP) including the plan’s third-party administrator, Medicare Advantage, COBRA and enrollment vendors. Coverage included:
-- NC State Treasurer’s press release
-- Triangle Business Journal
-- Raleigh News and Observer
- Dieticians and medical homes. Interesting article in Today’s Dietician about the role of dieticians in a PCMH environment. Note reference to CCNC’s chronic care efforts.
- Downtown Health Plaza featured. Compelling AP article in the Winston-Salem Journal (and several other dailies) about the Downtown Health Plaza and its on-site garden.
CCNC Annual Meeting set. CCNC members and partners will gather September 20, 2012 at the Embassy Suites in Cary. Look for an email with registration information and a draft agenda.
CCNC network name change. Congratulations to the newly-renamed Partnership for Community Care, the CCNC network serving Guilford, Randolph and Rockingham Counties. Dubbed “P4CC” for short, the network will soon be launching a new logo and website. Watch this newsletter for the URL and other details.
CHIPRA “Teen Health” quiz in final month. Time is running out to respond to the CHIPRA Adolescent Health Survey. Teens between 13 and 18 are urged to complete the survey. Please note that there is now a Spanish-version of the Survey Monkey tool.
Social media update. Please help support CCNC's social media presence by following us on Twitter (@communitycarenc) and “liking” us on our Facebook page.
Career opportunities at CCNC. Applications are currently being accepted for the following positions. For more information, please see the CCNC Career Page.
- Director of Analytics and Reporting
- Senior Data Analyst
- IC Reports Administrator
- IC Reports Developer
- Network Financial Analyst
- Accreditation Coordinator
Welcome new faces. Welcome and congratulations to the latest additions to the CCNC family:
- Senior QA Test Engineer Srivani Modali, starting August 28.
- QMAF Project Manager Deborah Aldridge, transitioning beginning August 20 from her role with community Care of Southern Piedmont/Beacon Community.
-- As always, please let us know if you have news you'd like to share with the CCNC family.
-- Interested in receiving this publication by email? Just click the button below.