A community-based infrastructure to target patients and populations in need
Access to data to drive our success
Programs to anticipate and address specific patient needs
New demonstrations, pilots and programs
Materials to support providers
Careers: Senior Data Analyst – Care Management
Community Care of North Carolina, an organization focused on delivery of patient-focused, doctor-driven, community-based, cost effective care to improve the health of North Carolina, is looking for an excellent Senior Data Analyst on its Program Evaluation team to provide analytic, reporting and dashboarding support to the enterprise-wide complex care management program. CCNC’s award-winning, and NCQA-accredited, care management program has published evidence of its effectiveness in several peer-reviewed articles over the years. CCNC analysts have access to a rich database of information on care management activities delivered to enrolled patients, coupled with claims data and real-time hospital data, to provide its care managers with the tools they need to be successful. The Senior Data Analyst will support the program and work in collaboration with the Director of Care Management and the Care Management Team to create reports for monitoring care management activity across the state.
- Build and maintain datasets, tables and reports that will be used by applications, analysts and program leads to evaluate and monitor the delivery of care management activities.
- Partner with customers and users to design and deliver reports and dashboards that meet their clinical needs to improve health delivery.
- Employ visualization techniques to not only present the data accurately but in an intuitive manner that allows users to reach insights quickly.
- Proactively data mine dashboards to bring interesting trends to the users.
- Provide operational support for existing dashboards and reports.
- Develop specifications for ITC department to implement.
- The employee will be expected to understand issues of data integrity, to ensure data is accurate and that it meets standards of rigor for analysis and dissemination.
- The employee must be able to work independently while being accountable to a team of technical and clinical experts.
- The position requires skills in summarizing complex data in various formats and media; verbally, graphically, and in writing.
- The position reports to the Director of Program Evaluation.
- Minimum of a four year degree in science, statistics, health related or quantitative field with a strong quantitative and analytical background
- At least five years of relevant work experience
- Experience querying against multiple data sources and transitions to new data sources quickly. Has a strong understanding of data and how data relates to business needs. Has ability to recognize trends in data and relationships to business questions.
- Experience in developing pertinent, actionable reporting and/or dashboards.
- Ability to present effectively to internal groups and/or to produce written reports.
- Ability to work with non-technical customers, interpreting their needs into requirements and helping them to understand analytic results.
- Must work independently while being accountable to a team of technical/clinical experts. Must be comfortable taking ownership for problems outside of a single project.
- Display initiative to work on multiple projects and interact with team members. Provide training and consultation to other Analysts.
- Ability to organize and follow complex and/or detailed technical procedures.
- Experience with SAS, SQL, and MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Independence, initiative, resourcefulness, and an attitude of teamwork and service
- Experience with care management data/reports
- Experience with healthcare administrative data
- Experience with report visualization techniques
- Experience with Tableau or another dashboarding software
- Strong experience with gathering customer business requirements. Knowledge of how to define business problems
- Experience validating queries from other Analysts
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
This position does not qualify for telecommuting or relocation assistance
To apply please direct resume to HR@n3cn.org
CCNC is an equal opportunity employer.